About Me

My photo
I started a career in floral design after I graduated college with a dual degree in business. While searching for a job, I realized I could not imagine a life that did not revolve around creativity and design. I needed something different, so I started working for a small floral shop in Michigan. Shortly after that I moved back to Indiana, where I worked for four years as a floral designer at one of the top flower shops in Chicago. Since then I have never looked back.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Fall Festivities

Last month I did the flowers for an absolutely wonderful couple.  They are my sister's in-laws, which practically makes them second family.  I had such a great time working with the bride, Amy.  We started discussing her wedding details back in the spring.  From then on we bounced ideas back and forth to create a beautiful setting.  

The ceremony and reception were held at Mrs. Murphy and Sons Irish Bistro in the NorthCenter neighborhood of Chicago.  It is a large space, full of warm colors and beautiful wood work.  The location's decor worked great for the fall theme that Amy was going for.

An autumn color pallet of oranges, reds and truffle browns was used.  I also incorporated pumpkins and small gourds to add even more fall spirit into the room.  The bride's love of candle light worked perfectly to enhance the overall look of the darker decorated room.  Ball jars with floating candles and tea lights were used in abundance.   




Pumpkins are such a fun alternative for containers! They add so much character.




Over the last few months, Amy collected a lot of cute fall decorations.  They worked perfect scattered throughout the room.





The beautiful bride and her sister as the maid of honor.

One of my favorite things to make for weddings are hair pieces.  It's always a great way to tie the wedding colors in with the bride.  
The pumpkins and gourds were are great way to add an extra pop of color to the room.
The bouquets were used after the ceremony as an extra decoration.  Always a great idea!

The restaurant really was a very beautiful space.



1 comment:

  1. Our wedding was beautiful! Honestly, I was speechless when I saw what Lori had created. The creativity of our flowers and centerpieces still has people talking. Lori was amazing to work with and took the "feel" I was wanting to a whole different level. It was romantic and gave off a very warm and intimate feel. It was perfect. Thank you, Lori! - Amy and Oakley

    ReplyDelete