About Me

My photo
I started a career in floral design after I graduated college with a dual degree in business. While searching for a job, I realized I could not imagine a life that did not revolve around creativity and design. I needed something different, so I started working for a small floral shop in Michigan. Shortly after that I moved back to Indiana, where I worked for four years as a floral designer at one of the top flower shops in Chicago. Since then I have never looked back.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

NWI Bridal Expo

This past weekend I was fortunate to participate in my very first bridal expo.  It was an incredible experience.  I ran into a few acquaintances, was introduced to some great vendors in the industry, and met some pretty wonderful brides-to-be. To top everything off, the expo was extremely organized and well run, all thanks to Louie's Tux Shop.  I can definitely see myself participating in years to follow. 

In addition to showing a few different seasonal and color options, I also wanted brides to be able to see that there is no limit to how flowers can add to a wedding. A bouquet completes a bride's look, draping garland adds incredible character to a long table, and nothing is more precious than a flower girl adorned with a head crown.


Winter weddings are starting to become more popular.  There are so many options for a winter bride with whites, greens, silvers etc.  I even had fun with the above when I curled and spray painted galaxy leaves.

 
A hair piece to complement the theme above.
Bouquets do not always have to be overly floral.  Sometimes the beauty can come from more natural and organic elements.
 

The calla lilies above provide a few fun and different options for high boys and centerpieces.  Flowers submerged in water always have a dramatic feel to them, and who doesn't love floating candles? 

 

Matching centerpiece, head crown and flower girl basket all in a pastel tone that works great for spring and early summer weddings.
 
Garlands can be a fun addition to many aspects of a wedding: The head table, connecting the bride and groom's chairs, and lining the aisle at the ceremony just to name a few. 


A huge thank you to my two wonderful sisters for helping me out all day.  I couldn't have done it without you!
 

 



1 comment:

  1. Indeed, this is a wonderful share dear. I also want to have same floral decorations for my wedding at Malibu wedding venue as well. Can you please come up with some more creative ideas? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete